- Ambient was extended massively and is well on its journey to become the ultimate desktop
- NetStack, the new integrated TCP/IP stack
- Poseidon USB stack, now at version 4.1 (includes support for USB 2.0)
- MUI 4.0 with new UI classes
- Many brand new tools and utilities
- AltiVec support
- Many components are now localized
- Various UI style fixes in applications and components
- Static m68k emulation and Trance JIT bugfixes
Improvements in graphics operations:
- AltiVec and hardware accelerated graphics operations for alpha blending,
stretching and a lot more
- Support for Display Data Channel (DDC)
- BootCD Welcome Application 'Bienvenue' New
- MorphOS startup menu New (To access startup menu press and hold F1 or left mouse button or use
BOOTMENU boot argument)
- Filetype system
Actions (internal/dos/rexx commands) can be associated to a given file
type, for different kinds of events (double click, context menu, drag'n'drop).
Filetypes are sorted according to MIME standard and action inheritance is
- Deficon system
Each filetype can have an associated default icon.
- Advanced listers
List view with many features: icons display, inline renaming, sort by any
attribute, directory size calculation, version/md5 display, possibility
to save columns state and order, thumbnail support, configurable colours,
- Improved iconview
Faster, realtime zoom support, improved navigation.
- Toolbar and browser mode
Each view can have a navigation area where path can be entered or changed (either with a string or clickpath buttons).
Toolbar buttons offering most common ambient internal commands.
- Mode/Submodes buttons to quickly cycle between different modes.
- Device list view
Available in both icon and list mode, allowing to quickly reach any
volume. Also reachable via the My MorphOS icon.
- Image view
Simple and efficient internal picture viewer, with scaling and rotation
support. Navigation keys allow to browse all pictures in a directory.
- Text view
Text viewer with search feature.
- Audio player supporting mp3, ogg and formats handled by Reggae, with
- Shortcut system
Ambient actions can be bound to user-configurable shortcuts.
- Thumbnail support
Both list and icon views can be switched to thumbnail submode and show
pictures thumbnails (cached in memory).
- Archive browsing
Xad-supported archives can be browsed as if they were normal directories
and content can be viewed/executed/extracted/... transparently.
- Find tool
Integrated Find tool able to search by name, content, filetype, ...
- Bookmarks allowing to store and reach preferred locations.
- New panel elements (separators, spacers, bookmarks, view selector)
- More robust and complete file management
- More comprehensive feedback when errors occur.
- Copy requester displaying more information about copied / moved / deleted
- Replacement requesters showing version, date, MD5.
- Possibility to cancel, skip, retry when needed.
- Copy / cut / paste system...
- Directory Opus-like features like pattern renaming, selection filters,
- Large file support (64 bits Dos).
- AltiVec optimisations (scaling, ...)
- Many new internal/rexx commands (to change background, open view, add entry to pulldown menu, copy selected files paths to clipboard, ...)
- Many corrections
- Speedups and optimisations, especially in iconview.
- Drag'n'Drop support in many places (clickpath, mimetype editor, panels,...).
- More coherency between views and menus.
And much more...
- New functionality, including 1D textures, texture combiners, dot3 mapping, support for more texture units.
- AltiVec optimizations to various parts of code.
- Compatibility enhancements (vertex arrays, texture matrices)
- More speed thanks to improved lowlevel drivers.
- Lots of bugfixes.
- Apdf (Bug fixes)
- Elements New (Periodic System of Elements)
- LCDTest New (Monitor Test Suite)
- RemoteShell New (SSH client)
- ShowGirls [ADDED] (An image browser and simple photo manipulation utility)
- Sketch New (Paint application)
- GLMatrix New
Displays an effect inspired by The Matrix movie
- Feathers New
Flock of feathers on night sky background
- Atlantis New
3D scene with swimming sharks and dolphins
- BlockTube New
Flight in tunnel created from blocks
- Boing New
Reimplementation of the historical demo
- Color blanker New
Puts the monitor to sleep, literally.
- Cosmic Voyage blanker New
Traditional starfield blanker.
- Flurry New
Blurry 3D stars
- Gears New
Classic OpenGL demo
- Moire blanker New
Mimics the MagicCX blanker.
- Nowhere blanker New
New and shiny
- Pig Invasion blanker New
- 4 basic pig races
- Hidden special pigs
- Spikeball New
Rotated spikeball with flying bands
- Added new countries
- New functionality
- Audio tracks are now accessible as WAV files
- Possibility to access ISO files contents
- Supports the CD-Text extension
- 100% native driver with complete read and write support
- Supports FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32 variants
- Supports long file names (LFN) extention
- Supports different codepage file name conversion
Output to debug log via shell
The MUI MorphOS console
Addictive diamond puzzle
Full special version of the commercial hit puzzle game by binaryriot
hidden 3dlayer translucency mode
New keymaps with Unicode support
New language drivers with Unicode support
Partial implementation of the original C= library
Added 64bit DOS support
- Compatibility fixes in pattern matching and other operations
- New API for 64bit file operations
- New DOS object access functions
Easy dynamic linking for applications
- New TLSF memory system
- Shutdown API and other improvements
- Added a new input mode where mouse button events always go to the window
below the mouse pointer, activating it
- Added support for windows which cannot be activated (toolbar windows)
- Implemented blankers support
- Rewritten InputHandler, the core of the intuition. Faster and more
- Support for multiple types of ARGB mouse pointers (Radeon only)
- Support for window shadows (layers3d)
- Crashed applications disposer lets one re-run MUI applications
- Skinable prop scrollers
- Mouse pointer feedback for window drag/resize zones
- Screen gamma configurable in prefs and by application
- Nicer mouse movement speed control, no more jumpy cursor
- MUI screen management moved to intuition
- Screen titlebar plugins as MUI classes
- Locale support for intuition's messages
- Rewritten context menus for screen depth, window depth and window zoom
gadgets, including thumbnails of screens and windows (layers3d)
- Fixed missing labels in applications like Imagine, Pagestream or HiP
- Implemented ScreenPosition()
- Windows, Screens and IDCMP messages are BOOPSI objects now
- Fixed some memleaks and possible deadlocks
- Monitor management API, better monitors awareness and mouse support
- Faster window border rendering
- Window title outline/shadow support
- Possibility to toggle offscreen with a qualifier key
- Better mouse keyboard emulation, with acceleration
- IDCMPs now carry more information, including keyboard input in UCS4 format
- And a lot more...
Image compression library with AltiVec acceleration
Added Unicode support
- An entirely rewritten library with real, hardware accelerated opacity and shadows support
- Screenshot API that can screenshot selected layers
- Added Unicode API
- Supports UTF-8 and UTF-32/UCS-4 in catalogs
- MorphOS native reimplementation
- Double internal precision
- New API function NN_SetAttrs()
- Network learning rate and momentum are adjustable on-the-fly
- previously stored networks can also be loaded from a memory location
Image compression library
Bug fixes, faster and better, new features
Image compression library
Improved Unicode support
Uniform About requester for all MorphOS applications
Externalized class from freeware utility 'CPU Monitor'
MorphOS native reimplementation
- Base class for all kind of graphs, extracted from freeware utility
- Fully user configurable look
- New reimplementation of well known freeware MUI Custom Class
- Fixed possible relayout deadlock situation when MUIA_Lamp_Type was set
inside MUIM_Setup phase
Updated MorphOS credits.
Allows to use packed imagedata (bz2, z, raw), useful for in code embedded
true colour logos, etc.
A new, modular, streaming multimedia framework. It is going to replace
existing datatypes system. Many Reggae classes are accelerated with
Currently supported sound formats
- WAVE PCM
- WAVE floating point PCM
- WAVE A-law/u-law
- WAVE IMA ADPCM
- WAVE MS ADPCM
Currently supported image formats
- ZX Spectrum screen dump (SCR)
Currently supported data sources
- HTTP/1.1 protocol
Currently supported data outputs
- audio (via AHI)
- window (for images)
- audio looper
- audio FIR filter
- Visualizes memory fragmentation
- Supports new TLSF memory system
- Makes photos of screens and windows
- Can save in PNG, JPEG and ILBM formats
- Preview option
- Shows how to enter special characters
- Caps Lock key can act as Shift key
- Calculator with basic functions
- 18 digits, high precision mathematics
- Supports numeric keypad
- Replaces PegasosMixer application
- Manages all sound cards installed in the system (plugin support)
- Advanced calculator for programmers
- Rewritten from scratch to use MUI GUI toolkit with advanced GUI features
- Supports datatypes and Reggae
- Supports Unicode text files (UTF-8, UCS-2 and UCS-4)
- Integrated AmigaGuide support with UTF-8
- uses List.mui
- CPU graph display
- various other improvements
- Funny 'Tip of the Day' utility, supports external tip or fortune cookie
databases and custom images
- Sticky window mode (enabled via tooltypes)
- Coordinate and crosshair display
- Lock mode (press SPACE key)
- RGB-value display mode (press F1 key)
- Replaces old SCSIConfig application
- Clear and intuitive MUI GUI
- Supports RDB, MBR and MAC partition layout
- Nice GUI for managing partitions
- Supports RDB and MBR partition layout
- Support for all known filesystems, that work on MorphOS
- Fixes in UI
- Embedded documentation (Help)
- Fixed minor bugs
- Knows 64bit DOS packets by the name
- Fixes in UI
IPrefs [added sound prefs support, lots of fixes and improvements]
Executes single ARexx commands on a given ARexx port directly
Screen bar plugins:
- Built-in internal plugin, replaces old title bar clock
- 'CPU Monitor' for your Screen titlebar
- Double click opens classic 'CPU Monitor' window with full CPU usage history
- Show SANA-II device network activity in Screen titlebar
- Double-click opens full Network traffic statistics windows
- Works directly on-top of the device, so is TCP/IP stack independent